COMMON SENSE ACT
SLOGAN: “CANADIANS NEED THE MINISTRY OF COMMON SENSE!”
- There are thousands of the situations when laws when applied are don’t make sense, contradict each other, not applicable in certain cases. Life is bigger than any legistlation framework. Canadians are left frustrated and need to spend a lot of effort and funds to find the solution,
- There is no one organization or body that will serve as an advocate for the citizen. When the individual has to stand against his own goverment in courts of laws etc. resorces are not eaqual. Goverment has unlimited resorces compared with the average individual and in most of the cases individual either has no chance to win his point of view, or has to get broke for legal expences, and still the chances are low.
- There should be created a legal body that will be independent from the goverment and be able to stand for the citezen in all his dealings with the goverment.
- This should be one point of contact for all possible situations.
- Currently MP-s are used for this purpose, but in most cases they can’t help because inability to interefer in court cases etc.
- This “Ministry of Common Sense” is needed to review the cases from the poit of view of common sense and benifit of the citizen.
- Review of similar suggestions in other countries
- Development of the legislation
- Calculation of the costs
- Conduct discussions with goverment officials on feasablity of this proposal